[XML-SIG] On going projects (and our own project)

Mario A. Zito mazito@softlab.com.ar
Fri, 04 Dec 1998 19:15:29 -0300

I am new to XML, this list and to Python. It would be of interest to me
(an perhaps to other list members) if more senior members can describe
the ongoing projects they plan to use XML and Python for, so that more
junior members (like me) can get an idea of the different ways of using
this combination.

In particular, I am planning to use it to construct an integrated mail
based  defect tracking, project managment and distributed version
control system. All mails will be submitted as XML documents, and a
Python based mail server will parse them and take the needed actions,
correlate versions with defects, send bug reports to the right developer
(also as XML docs), save the bugs in a database, store new versions in
CVS, generate project status reports, etc.

This will be our first Python/XML project, and (we expect) it will be
able to support our own development projects. Our idea is to try to
assemble it (as much as possible) from already existent software (such
as CVS), and concentrate on the mail processor. And of course, gain
working experience with Python and XML by the way.

If we come out with something that (really) works, and others are
interested in it, we may put it for public use.

Any ideas, suggestions or any type of collaboration will be welcomed.
If someone is interested on them, I can post to this list our proposed
DTDs as the evolve.

If someone objects to this, please let me know so I don't break any
explicit or implicit rules (maybe this must be in some other list ?)

Thanks.

Mario A. Zito
SoftLab SRL