[XML-SIG] xml-0.5pre2 released

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 10:13:21 -0500 (EST)

Here's the second pre-release of the XML package:

	http://www.python.org/sigs/xml-sig/files/xml-0.5pre2.tgz

I've fixed the 1.5.2-ism of PySys_WriteStderr that crept into the
pyexpat module, and also moved the Unicode stuff into xml.unicode, as
argued by Fred and Greg S.; the package should now not install
anything outside of site-packages/xml.  While I was at it, I twiddled
the test suite a bit and moved some files around.

	Dieter Maurer sent me a lengthy list of errors in private
e-mail; most are minor things like broken links and demo programs, so
I'm not sure if I'll do a third pre-release, though I will fix the
problems.  Anyway, please try this new version, and let me know if
anything broke in the process.  I'd still like to do an announcement
tomorrow...

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
On Tuesdays he also wears the blue socks and the grey underwear and counts his