[XML-SIG] Could we use a public CVS tree?

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:14:00 -0400 (EDT)

Last night it struck me that it might be very helpful if we had a
public CVS tree for the XML package.  A server is available, and
producing a read-only tree is apparently not very difficult, but
granting write access may also be possible, so that the various
developers can check in changes.

	What do you all think?  Would a CVS server assist development?
(I'm inclined to think that it would, since the development tree would
essentially be continuously tested, reducing the likelihood of a
release being broken in some serious way that was missed.)  Is
read-only access sufficient, or would people use write access for
maintaining their component?

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.