[XML-SIG] [Fwd: [XML-SIG] State of the world]

Paul Prescod papresco@technologist.com
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 16:57:44 -0400

Markus Fleck wrote:

> And Netscape includes their JavaScript implementation with
> Mozilla source code. It *might* be usable to provide for full
> XSL conformance even with a Python-based library. But there is
> of course the question if we really *want* to achieve full
> compatibility with JavaScript. -:^)

I think that JavaScript could be translated into python bytecodes fairly
easily. The whole thing could be written in Python so that the Python core
wouldn't actually have to have any JavaScript crap in it. XSL is designed
to be interpreted a line at a time anyhow.

"Perpetually obsolescing and thus losing all data and programs every 10
years (the current pattern) is no way to run an information economy or
a civilization." - Stewart Brand, founder of the Whole Earth Catalog
http://www.wired.com/news/news/culture/story/10124.html