[XML-SIG] Re: Look what these folks are doing with XML

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 11:09:30 +0200

> * Michael Dillon
> |
> | Remote Procedure Calls using XML
> | http://www.scripting.com/98/04/stories/simpleCrossNetworkScript.html
>
> Maybe there's something about this I just didn't understand, but to me
> it seems that they could have achieved the exact same thing with CORBA
> much more easily and the result would probably also have been more
> efficient in terms of both bandwidth and speed.

What I like about this idea is that, if I understand it correctly, you can
have a completely text-based encoding of your datastructures, that is moreover
fully described in your DTD. So, if we invent a python-data-DTD and they have
a frontier-data-DTD we could use standard XML tools to turn the one format
into the other.

Any volunteers to write the DTD and implement an xmlpickle?
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm