[XML-SIG] Look what these folks are doing with XML

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 09:41:08 -0400 (EDT)

Michael Dillon writes:
>Remote Procedure Calls using XML
>http://www.scripting.com/98/04/stories/simpleCrossNetworkScript.html

	An informal spec of the XML encoding used is at
<http://www.scripting.com/frontier5/xml/code/rpc.html>.  It doesn't
seem fairly difficult to create an XML.pickle module that did the same
thing as pickle, but using XML as the format, and then implementing
XML.rpc (or whatever) on top of that.

>No mention of Python here...
>http://www.infoworld.com/cgi-bin/displayStory.pl?98043.whxml.htm

	Because we haven't been sending out press releases.  We should
do something about that when the code is done.

	So, what's everyone doing coding-wise?  Things have been too
quiet here lately.

A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
prompt. n. (Unix) A symbol on the screen indicating which shell is attacking
you.
	-- Stan Kelly-Bootle, _The Computer Contradictionary_