[Python Wpg] Newcomer

Ernesto Ferro ernestoferro at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 14:55:42 EST 2011

Hello everybody. My name is Ernesto and I'll be arriving in Winnipeg on
February 15 and I would like to join your group.

Let me tell you a little bit about me.
I'm a Computer Engineer with a strong background in software development.
I've worked in a very wide array of technologies. From embedded system in C
and assembly to cloud computing going through video game, web development
and infrastructure design. I've been working with python for 5 years now.

In my last job I've done a few web applications with Django and the client
and server side of a game called HomeFest (
http://apps.facebook.com/homefest/ check it out). The server side is pure
python and runs on Amazon EC2 along with Amazon SimpleDB and S3.
The deployment procedure is done with fabric and the environment was setup
with virtualenv.
The webapps were experiments that never saw the light but anyway they
interacted API from facebook, picasa, yql (this is pure gold) and flick.

I think that's enough for now and I hope to see all of you soon.

Best regards, Ernesto