[Python Wpg] So is there a meeting on Wednesday?

Mike Pfaiffer high.res.mike at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 14:20:30 EDT 2007

Sydney Weidman wrote:
> Apologies to Mike for sending this twice. I should have sent it to the list.
>
> - syd

	Just got to remember the "reply to all" button and take out the top
line. ;-)

> On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 22:34 -0500, Mike Pfaiffer wrote:
>> 	Thought I might post something since nobody has posted a reminder yet. :-)
>>
>> 				Later
>> 				Mike
>>

> I think with the weather the way it is, we should all take a break for
> July and August and meet again in September. How's everyone with that?

	The meeting would normally be tomorrow. Thunderstorms are in the
forecast. OTOH it's short notice to cancel a meeting. I'm fine either way.

> The only task will be to set up a topic for the September meeting, which
> we can do via the Wiki and mailing list.

	I'd say make it the annual intro meeting. Plan B would be something
else if there are no new people there.

> Also, is everyone alright with the location? I realize that parking is a
> huge pain and other concerns have been raised too. If people are
> satisfied in general with the location, I'll book 2M70 for next year
> Sept - June.

	I get a ride down. Half the time I get a ride back and the other half I
take the bus (two blocks away and up to half an hour wait). I look scary
enough not to be bothered when I'm in the area. Since I don't have a car
my opinion on the parking situation is irrelevant. I'm fine with the
time and place. I can see where others might not be. Assuming we are
getting the room rent free then if we can get a room elsewhere with
similar facilities which is in a better location (also rent free) then
we should talk about it. So far it appears we'd be looking at church
basements. Schools charge money. We might share with the WPCUG but they
are likely to charge money too. What about the U of M or St. Boniface
College?

> Regards,
> syd

				Later