[Wheel-builders] pyconfig.h when building boost in manylinux1 container

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Fri Oct 12 19:19:58 EDT 2018

I guess boost-python uses the Python C API, which means that you can't
just build it once, but rather have to build is separately for each
version of Python you want to use it with. Normally when you build a
Python extension module, distutils/setuptools take care of setting up
the compiler include path to find pyconfig.h for whichever version of
Python you're building against.

I guess you could find some way of calling python to query distutils
to ask it which include path to use, but if you don't actually need
boost-python now, I would just skip it for now...