[Wheel-builders] [Distutils][ANN] Python 3.7 now available in the manylinux docker images

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Jun 21 07:45:19 EDT 2018

On 15/06/2018 23:42, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks to Emanuele Gaifas [1], the manylinux docker images now include
> Python 3.7 (currently the rc1 release), so if you want you can now
> start building and uploading wheels for 3.7 ahead of its expected
> release on June 27 [2].
>
> -n
>
> [1] https://github.com/pypa/manylinux/pull/196
> [2] https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0537/

I just tried out the latest manylinux1 image along with updated scripts from matthew-brett/multibuild and find my wheels seem to
have shrunk eg

reportlab-3.4.42-cp27-cp27m-manylinux1_x86_64.whl

old: 3796941
new: 2516821

looking in side the wheels it looks like the .so files have been slimmed. Does anyone know if that is just because they no longer
include debugging information etc etc?
--
Robin Becker