[Wheel-builders] libpythonX.Y.so.1

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Thu Mar 3 18:01:44 EST 2016

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Olivier Grisel <olivier.grisel at ensta.org> wrote:
>> IIRC, there is an open PR to pip (https://github.com/pypa/pip/pull/3497). I think adding your voice there might help move it along. I think that PR is ready to merge, but just lacking the last necessary push from a pip maintainer to merge it.
>
> If you manage to build manylinux1 wheels for psycopg2 it would be
> great to publish them to a public URL and report that you can install
> them successfully on various linux versions (e.g. old and recent
> debian, ubuntu, fedora, arch...) using this branch of pip.
>
> It would also be great to test on non-compatible variant of linux
> (e.g. alpine linux) that this version of pip ignores those manylinux1
> wheels as expected.
>
> I think that would help convince the pip maintainers that this PR is
> ready for merge.

FYI from IRC (#pypa-dev on Freenode) just now:

<xafer> 12:50:31> hello dstufft, are you planning to release 8.1 soon ?
<dstufft> 12:50:38> xafer: yes
<dstufft> 12:50:47> before monday
<dstufft> 12:51:07> primarily for https://github.com/pypa/pip/pull/3497
<xafer> 12:53:42> ok, so not today ? :)
<dstufft> 12:57:18> xafer: Depends on how I feel once the vicodin
wears off and if there's pending stuff for 8.1 that will get completed
in time if I wait a day or two

[...]

<dstufft> 13:29:41> xafer: fwiw, the reason I'm planning on doing 8.1
prior to monday, is there's a good chance we can get pip 8.1 in Ubuntu
16.04 if we're released prior to monday