[Web-SIG] Nodejs cluster

Tobias Oberstein tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de
Wed Mar 19 10:13:00 CET 2014

>> If you crosslink the Flask app object and the WebSocket factory with
>>each other you can shuffle data in both directions.
>That's super cool. Thanks!
>What I propose is officially Python endorsed cluster standard. Am I over thinking this? Or the status quo is good enough for everyone else?

Here is a proof-of-concept we did last year scaling Twisted Web on multicore:

https://github.com/oberstet/scratchbox/tree/master/python/twisted/sharedsocket

It reaches >60k requests/sec on 4 cores (something like 70% the performance of Nginx on the same system):

https://github.com/oberstet/scratchbox/raw/master/python/twisted/sharedsocket/results.pdf

We are working on a system (on top of Autobahn) which provides builtin scale-up (multi-core) and scale-out (multi-node) capabilities:

https://github.com/crossbario/crossbar

This is work in progress and relies on WAMPv2. Here are a couple of links

https://github.com/tavendo/WAMP/tree/master/spec

https://github.com/tavendo/AutobahnPython/tree/master/examples/twisted/wamp/basic

https://github.com/tavendo/AutobahnPython/tree/master/examples/twisted/websocket/echo_multicore

As said, Crossbar.io is work in progress but we'll announce something soon as it's already quite usable (eg it can host any WSGI app side-by-side with WebSocket/WAMP application components) ..

Cheers,
/Tobias