[Web-SIG] [python-tulip] Re: [Python-Dev] wsgi validator with asynchronous handlers/servers

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Mar 25 02:08:04 CET 2013

Hi Luca,

Unfortunately I haven't thought yet about the interactions between WSGI and
Tulip or PEP 3156. While I am pretty familiar with WSGI, I have never used
its async features, so I can't be much of a help. My best guess is that we
won't make any changes to WSGI to support PEP 3156 in Python 3.4, but that
once that is out, some folks will come up with an improved design for WSGI
that supports interoperability with standard async event loops. OTOH, maybe
you can read up on the PEP and check out the Tulip implementation (
http://code.google.com/p/tulip/) and maybe you can come up with a suitable
design for integrating PEP 3156 into WSGI? Though it may have to be named
WSGI 2.0 to emphasize that it is backwards incompatible.

--Guido

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)