[Web-SIG] websocket support in WSGI

Alex Grönholm alex.gronholm at nextday.fi
Mon May 21 14:36:11 CEST 2012

20.05.2012 15:12, Damjan kirjoitti:
> Recently I was enquiring about the possibility to implement websocket
> as a WSGI middleware, but I learned that to do that the middleware
> would need access to the underlying socket.
>
> Has there been any thought about this? A wsgi addendum perhaps?

This has been discussed before and it's impossible to implement since
proxying such things does not work over a number of protocols (FCGI,
SCGI). IIRC, the front-end web server likes to send its own 1xx response
before the application has a chance to send its own. The original
discussion was about implement WebDAV, but WebSocket has the same issues.