[Web-SIG] Move www.wsgi.org to Read The Docs

Masklinn masklinn at masklinn.net
Sat Sep 10 21:29:13 CEST 2011

On 2011-09-10, at 21:18 , Stephan Diehl wrote:
> I'm still not sure about the intended workflow:
> 1. wsgi.org content repository is on github which is developer friendly.
>   But, who decides about write access? In pratice, this might not be
>   a problem though, because it's only a handfull people anyway, who
>   are actively contributing.
Currently, only Graham has write access (the repository is in his github account), contributors have to fork the repository and create pull requests (this can be done entirely from github's web interface for small fixes, for bigger contributions it requires creating an actual fork and doing work "offline" to push later). I do not know if he expects (or can) give write access to others.

> 2. The actual pages (sphinx?) should then be hosted by ReadTheDocs?
There's the option of hosting it on a separate server as well (compile the docs and point an apache/nginx to the _build directory), but RTD has all the architecture in place (including stuff like webhooks to ensure it's got the latest version of the project/docs). So that's pretty convenient.

> Where does the wsgi.org domain come into play? Does ReadTheDocs provide virtual (apache) hosts?
RTD provides subdomains and you can just point your DNS CNAME to it

That's exactly it actually: http://read-the-docs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/alternate_domains.html