[Web-SIG] wsgi server...

Robert Brewer fumanchu at aminus.org
Tue Dec 27 01:25:22 CET 2011

Chris McDonough wrote:
> Does anyone know of a pure-Python WSGI server that:
> - Is distributed indepdently from a web framework or larger whole.
> - Runs on UNIX and Windows.
> - Runs on both Python 2 and Python 3.
> - Has good test coverage.
> - Is useful in production.

I know you know, Chris, but partially to announce it in general:
"Cheroot" [1] is the HTTP server from CherryPy that is now being
developed and distributed independently. It meets most of your
requirements. I currently give it a "C-" on test coverage, partly
because it's so recently been split off. It might get a "C+" if you
include the rest of the CherryPy test suite against it. We're working on
improving that (and welcome some help in that direction). I can't say
it's been tested as an independent project in production, but it carries
with it a long history of stability from its CherryPy ancestry. It
should run equally well on UNIX and Windows, and Pythons 2.4 to 3.2.

Robert Brewer
fumanchu at aminus.org

[1] https://bitbucket.org/cherrypy/cheroot