[Web-SIG] OT: dotted names (Was: Re: A Python Web Application Package and Format)

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Sat Apr 16 01:02:14 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 6:06 PM, P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> That would be one advantage of using entry points instead.  ;-)  (i.e., the
> user doesn't specify the object location, the package author does.)

Definitely!  I'm certainly all in favor of having something very akin to entry
points, but I'm not sure where that stands in the current plans.  I'm not so
worried about the efficiency, but making it explicit the way entry points do
is a clear win.

And more extensible to additional resolution methods in the future.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fdrake at acm.org>
"Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities."