[Web-SIG] PEP 444 (aka Web3)

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Mon Sep 20 03:44:24 CEST 2010

<wrt being able to yield an empty string repeatedly until the
application has time to generate a response tuple as a fundamental in an
async web framework>

On Sat, 2010-09-18 at 14:08 +0300, Ionel Maries Cristian wrote:
> There's a framework called cogen and it relies on this policy.

I've been told by a number of people (both async and sync people) that
WSGI is a poor protocol on top of which to develop async applications,
and they usually go on to say that async applications and servers really
should communicate over separate (perhaps-WSGI-like) protocol.

I don't really know much about developing async web applications, but
frankly I'm loath to keep features in this thing that are only tolerated
(spat upon lightly! ;-))  by async folks, but which are also common
tripping points for people who never write async applications.

This is an apologetic way of saying "please find more champions for this
feature".

- C