[Web-SIG] PEP 444 (aka Web3)

chris.dent at gmail.com chris.dent at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 19:37:59 CEST 2010

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010, Ionel Maries Cristian wrote:

> I feel this spec puts too much burden on applications - having to process
> all those byte strings and even having to add Content-Length even for naive
> buffered-body apps.

The Content-Length requirement is a big killer for me. I'm usually
generating content in apps, rather deep in a stack of middleware-like
pieces that may or may not be looking at or modifying that content.
I don't want to a) have to unwind my generators at each level b)
reset the content-length here there and everywhere.

It could be I'm doing it completely wrong, but it works rather
nicely.

--
Chris Dent                                   http://burningchrome.com/
                                 [...]