[Web-SIG] PEP 444 (aka Web3)

Armin Ronacher armin.ronacher at active-4.com
Fri Sep 17 04:37:45 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 9/17/10 4:21 AM, Ian Bicking wrote:
> The Title header (in Atompub) also suggests 2047, but that's essentially
> an ASCII conversion like URL quoting. It looks something like
> =?iso-8859-1?q?p=F6stal?=
Yep.  That was mere a fun fact I wanted to share.  Was not aware of HTTP
specifying a non latin1 header anywhere.  I suppose the authors of the
HTTP specification were aware of encoding issues, just that the people
that made the Cookie specification didn't have non-ASCII payloads in
mind.  Not too surprising, after all it's called Cookie and not
arbitrary data-store :)

Regards,
Armin