[Web-SIG] Is PEP 3333 the final solution for WSGI on Python 3?

Armin Ronacher armin.ronacher at active-4.com
Sun Oct 24 09:17:21 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 10/23/10 7:43 PM, P.J. Eby wrote:
> I don't think it's an either-or case. PEP 3333 just means that there's a
> clear path to port WSGI 1 apps. If somebody wants to champion a WSGI
> 1.1, a 2.0, and whatever else, that's great!
Oh, I was not denying that.  The original post on reddit to which I
commented was called "Is PEP 3333 the final solution for WSGI on Python
3" :)

> I'm really trying to step *down* from involvement in this; the only
> reason I stepped up to do this now is because of the pending 3.2 release
> and the open question(s) over stdlib APIs that have to stabilize in this
> release.
I think the main problem is that we are all incredible happy with Python
2 currently and Python 3 is not very convincing at the moment.  Unleaden
Swallow also did not exactly deliver to it's promises lately, but PyPy
seems to be doing quite well lately, and due to it's nature it would be
unrealistic to assume it switches to Python 3 anytime soon.  (It's one
of the largest Python 2 codebases)

I have to admit that my interest in Python 3 is not very high and I am
most likely not the most reliable person when it comes to driving PEP 444 :)

Regards,
Armin