[Web-SIG] Is PEP 3333 the final solution for WSGI on Python 3?

Armin Ronacher armin.ronacher at active-4.com
Sat Oct 23 13:26:36 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 10/22/10 2:35 AM, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> has said:
>
>    """Hopefully not. WSGI could do better and there is a proposal for
> that (444)."""
Just to give this some more context: I think WSGI (even in Python 2) is
faulty and we have the possibility now to fix it.  Nobody in the web
community is really eager to use Python 3 currently as far as I can see,
so we have some extra time where we can actually introduce some value in
to web development on Python 3.  An improved WSGI specification could be
a key to that.

If PEP 3333 is what we end up with, that is fine with me as well.

Regards,
Armin