[Web-SIG] Generic configuration

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Thu Mar 18 11:12:15 CET 2010

Alex Morega ha scritto:
> On 17 Mar 2010, at 13:47, Manlio Perillo wrote:
> [...]
>>> =========================
>>> [daemon]
>>> factory = egg:PasteScript#wsgiutils
>>> host = 127.0.0.1
>>> port = 8000
>>> app = my_site
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>> If you want this, isn't it more simple and generic to use YAML?
>
> Yaml buys you flexibility at the cost of readability, which might be a good trade-off, but that's not the point. You still need a tool that reads the configuration file and does the actual setup.
>
> Does the wsgix configuration loader allow for plugins, i.e. defining my own constructors? Is it documented?

This is a non problem.

You can write your own YAML loader (maybe deriving it from the existing
one), write a small middleware that use this loader and push it into the
stack middleware.

There is no need to support generic plugins.

> I chose to base my example on Paster configuration because it already knows about egg entry points and explicitly pointing to factory functions.

Manlio