[Web-SIG] WSGI for Python 3

Armin Ronacher armin.ronacher at active-4.com
Fri Aug 27 01:37:39 CEST 2010

Hi,

Is there a status update on that now I missed?  Did something decide on
bytes for the environment values or are we still unsure about that?

 From a discussion lately I had with Graham on #pocoo it seems like he
lost interest on supporting WSGI on Python 3 for the time being due to
lack of interest.

My personal pet project of actively redesigning WSGI to see if a
higher-level protocol would solve the unicode issue better failed and
was not worth the effort.

As I understand Python 3.0/1/2 will be broken for WSGI anyways so we can
stop caring about the stdlib.

CherryPy seems to be the only system currently with an actively
maintained Python 3 version of WSGI which from my understanding is based
on unicode and bytes, where unicode is seen as latin1.

At that point I don't care at all about what is decided on as long as
something is decided.  Can someone please stand up and just do that? :)

Regards,
Armin