[Web-SIG] SQLAlchemy Queries & HTML Data Grid

Randy Syring rsyring at inteli-com.com
Tue Apr 6 22:37:04 CEST 2010

I am planning on building a library that will facilitate creation of
custom queries and html display of resulting datasets from SQLAlechemy
queries.  I have some basic work done here:

https://svn.rcslocal.com:8443/svn/pysmvt/pysapp/branches/0.1/pysapp/modules/datagrid/

But I don't like the API and I don't want the library to be dependent on
pysapp.  Furthermore, I would like to have a more verbose querying
ability akin to Redmine:

http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/issues

Including:

    * Filters
    * Column Selection
    * Grouping (multiple levels)
    * Sorting (multiple columns)
    * some kind of query saving/loading mechanism with a flexible backend

I have done some basic table generation work here:

https://svn.rcslocal.com:8443/svn/pysmvt/pysdatagrid/trunk/

with the tests being the best place to get an idea of how it works:

https://svn.rcslocal.com:8443/svn/pysmvt/pysdatagrid/trunk/pysdatagrid/tests/test_render.py

Looking for comments, pointers to other projects, and/or possibly
interest in helping with a project like this.  I am currently working in
SVN but will most likely move to hg/git if there are others who are
interested.

--
Randy Syring

"Whether, then, you eat or drink or