[Web-SIG] Request for Comments on upcoming WSGI Changes

Philip Jenvey pjenvey at underboss.org
Wed Sep 23 18:26:22 CEST 2009

On Sep 22, 2009, at 8:28 PM, P.J. Eby wrote:

> At 05:12 PM 9/22/2009 -0700, Philip Jenvey wrote:
>> Because our request container is a plain, pre-fabricated dict that
>> doesn't permit the lazy behavior.
>
> Not quite true; you can always write a library function,
> get_foo(environ) that does the lazy caching in a private environ
> key, at the cost of also caching the original value and doing a
> consistency check.

Sure, that's what the Werkzeug et al WSGI 1 wrappers are already
doing, I'm referring to the Python 3 WSGI level itself, assuming it
returns latin1 decoded native strs. You're talking about a separate
process on top of WSGI -- this process becomes an unnecessary
roundtrip compared to the WSGI 1 wrappers, as Armin points out.

--
Philip Jenvey