[Web-SIG] Just to cheer you up

Armin Ronacher armin.ronacher at active-4.com
Wed Sep 23 02:02:19 CEST 2009

Hey,

After all that discussions about unicode and path info and all related
problems I would love to remind everybody how well we are doing.

I just had a brief discussion with Christian Neukirchen (The Rack
developer) about the state of URL quoting and unicode and this is how it
looks in Ruby land:

- if PATH_INFO or SCRIPT_NAME is quoted, is not known.  It may be, or
  it may not.  The specification does not say and in practice both is
  in use.

- Unicode is not specified at all, it's an unwritten law that strings
  in rack are specified encodingless but that is not written down
  either.

Hope that makes you feel better :)

Regards,
Armin