[Web-SIG] Request for Comments on upcoming WSGI Changes

Alan Kennedy alan at xhaus.com
Tue Sep 22 09:05:43 CEST 2009

[Ian]
> When things get messed up I recommend people use a middleware
> (paste.deploy.config.PrefixMiddleware, though I don't really care what they
> use) to fix up the request to be correct.  Pulling it from REQUEST_URI would
> be fine.

That would be unworkable under java servlet containers, since they
each take a different approach to addressing encoding issues, or fail
to deal with them entirely.

So there would probably have to be a special case for every single one of these

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Servlet_containers

Each of which has a number of different ways of being configured in
relation to these issues.

I don't know if it would even be possible to write such a middleware.

And retain all of one's hair.

Alan.