[Web-SIG] Request for Comments on upcoming WSGI Changes

Mark Nottingham mnot at mnot.net
Tue Sep 22 08:25:02 CEST 2009

So, what advice do you propose about decoding bytes into strings for
the request-URI / method / request headers, and vice versa for
response headers and status code/phrase? Do you assume ASCII, Latin-1,
or UTF-8? How are errors handled?

Are bodies still treated "as binary byte sequences", as per PEP 333?

Cheers,