[Web-SIG] Request for Comments on upcoming WSGI Changes

Henry Precheur henry at precheur.org
Mon Sep 21 19:58:40 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 11:09:24AM -0500, Ian Bicking wrote:
> I think surrogateescape can resolve the small handful of problems.

+1

surrogateescape would be a great alternative to the "try utf-8 then
latin-1" approach. It would simplify the gateway and the application. No
need to check some 'encoding' variable and transcode later. We just
encode everything to UTF-8, no special case.

surrogateescape isn't implemented (yet?) for Python 2. That's not an
issue if the 'new' WSGI sticks to native strings.

--
  Henry Prêcheur