[Web-SIG] Request for Comments on upcoming WSGI Changes

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Sep 21 17:23:44 CEST 2009

At 07:57 AM 9/21/2009 +0200, Armin Ronacher wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Chris McDonough schrieb:
> > Personally, I find it a bit hard to get excited about Python 3 as a web
> > application deployment platform.
>Everybody feels that way currently.  But if we don't fix WSGI that will
>never change.

This is only compounding the errors introduced by the "make the tests
pass" philosophy of "porting" the stdlib.  We should not make them worse.

At the moment (AFAIK) nobody has gone through the web bits of the
stdlib and asked, "Should this work on strings, bytes, or both, and
if both, how should that API be expressed?"