[Web-SIG] String Types in WSGI [Graham's WSGI for py3]

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 12:21:34 CEST 2009

2009/9/18 Benoit Chesneau <benoitc at couch.it>:
> And sometimes you need to support full uri spec. For example %2F is
> different from / . Actually if all url is decoded you don't know if the
> client request was %2F or /, you just get a /. Which is annoying. It causes
> some problem with some api ,I'm  thinking to couchdb for example who accept
> db name with a %2F inside to allow creation of folder on user system.

Which happens because of the way the HTTP URL processing rules says it
has to be done.

Are there any other real world examples besides repeating slashes and
slash encoding issues?

Is the desire to bypass traditional SCRIPT_NAME and PATH_INFO and go
direct to REQUEST_URI all come down to these slash encoding and path
normalising issues?

Graham