[Web-SIG] WSGI 1 Changes [ianb's and my changes]

Armin Ronacher armin.ronacher at active-4.com
Thu Sep 17 17:57:38 CEST 2009

Hi,

Graham mentioned that the WSGI development might further drift apart
based on the changes Ian Bicking and I did on DjangoCon in a separate hg
repository [1] for the WSGI PEP.

I just want to point out that these are in no way final and are further
intended to only clarify some of the wrong wordings for Python 2, give
us a real readline() function on the input stream and get rid of useless
old cruft such as Python 2.2 support and Jython compatibility which no
longer appears to be a problem.

My personal Idea would be making that PEP WSGI 1.1 and having a separate
one for Python 3.  The reason for pushing up the number would be that
frameworks then can figure out if they have to safely process the input
stream because there is no useful readline function or not.

Regards,
Armin

[1]: http://bitbucket.org/ianb/wsgi-peps/