[Web-SIG] Move to bless Graham's WSGI 1.1 as official spec

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 06:47:24 CET 2009

2009/11/29 James Y Knight <foom at fuhm.net>:
> On Nov 28, 2009, at 10:44 PM, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
>> Either way, since there seemed to be objections at some level on every
>> point, and since I really really have no enthusiasm for this stuff any
>> more or of fighting for any change, I retract my personal interest in
>> having any of the amendments as part of a WSGI 1.1 specification and
>> will remove all that detail from mod_wsgi documentation
>

> [...]
>
>> If don't see an answer, then guess I will just have to revert it back
>> to (1, 0) to be safe and to avoid any accusations that am highjacking
>> the process.
>>
>> An answer sooner rather than later would be appreciated on the
>> wsgi.version issue.
>
> I'd rather appreciate it if you held off on making such changes until either this discussion either peters out or is resolved. You sound somewhat negative, but it seems to me that there's actually quite close to being a consensus on adopting most of your proposal. Changing the proposal out from under us doesn't really help things.
>
> The next step here is clearly for someone to redraft the changes as a diff against PEP 333. If you do not have any interest in being that person, please make that clear, so someone else can step up to do so.

No I do not want a part in drafting any changes, I just want to move
on from all this stuff and starting working on other projects. Since
though some don't seem to understand the reasons for the changes then
you will find it hard to find some who is in a position to be able to
do them.

You probably really are just better off worrying about Python 3.X
support and accept that tinkering at edges of WSGI 1.0 on other issues
is not going to solve all the WSGI issues. As PJE suggest, leave that
to an interface incompatible update so that you don't have this whole
problem of what version existing components support.

Graham