[Web-SIG] http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks

Aaron Watters arw1961 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 28 19:03:40 CET 2009

> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Chris McDonough <chrism at plope.com>
> wrote:
> > http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks
> seems to be the place where folks
> > are registering their respective web frameworks.
> >
> > I'd like to move some of the frameworks which are
> currently in the various
> > categories which haven't been active in a few years.
>  In particular, I'd
> > like to move any framework which hasn't had a release
> since the beginning of
> > 2008 (arbitrary) into the "Discontinued / Inactive"
> framework category.  I'd
> > be willing to do the work to make sure I wasn't moving
> one that actually
> > *did* have releases past that but just hadn't updated
> the page.
> >
> > Any dissent?
> >
> > - C

Why not call them "apparently stable"
versus "under active development"?  Is the
cgi module "discontinued"?

I'm a little sensitive on this topic
because people tell me that Gadfly is "inactive"
or "discontinued"
but it still does what it does
as documented very well.

Frequent releases may actually be a sign of
bugginess and bad design.
If you suspect a project is really dead, maybe you
could try to contact the authors and ask about
what they think.

 -- Aaron Watters

===
BTW, I think "Release early, release often" is nonsense
because it means you are probably releasing
something buggy and unstable which will just alienate
your users, who will never come back to see the better
version.