[Web-SIG] Future of WSGI

Malthe Borch mborch at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 21:00:58 CET 2009

2009/11/25 Aaron Watters <arw1961 at yahoo.com>:
>> From: Chris Dent <chris.dent at gmail.com>
>> I can (barely) relate to some of the complaints that
>> start_response is a pain in the ass, but environ, to me, is
>> not broken.
>
> I agree.  It maps nicely onto the underlying protocol
> and WSGI is supposed to be low level right?

It's not ``environ`` which is broken, it is the "special" entries like
wsgi.input and wsgi.multithread.

That's because I equate ``environ`` with the request headers. It may
be wrong. But if ``environ`` reflects the entire request and not just
the headers, why is it then not called ``request``.

Can we really talk about the request stream as the "environment" in
which the request must be answered? Or is it in fact, the "payload".

\malthe