[Web-SIG] Future of WSGI

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Tue Nov 24 22:43:46 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Malthe Borch <mborch at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I'm not aware of any problems with representing the request with a
> > dictionary.  Can you give examples?
>
> The body stream is not part of the HTTP environment. It's an abuse and
> it has the very negative effect of luring developers into further
> abuse.

You mean specifically environ['wsgi.input'] ?  While the file-like interface
is difficult, other possible interfaces aren't so great either.  As to
putting the request body in the environment, I don't know what the problem
is?  Or are you just concerned that people put arbitrary things in the
environ?  There's far too many important use cases that are satisfied by the
extensible nature of the environ to give it up just because some people
believe it is overused.

--
Ian Bicking  |  http://blog.ianbicking.org  |
http://topplabs.org/civichacker