[Web-SIG] Browser email & SQL Admin made with Python?

Kevin Ar18 kevinar18 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 24 22:47:54 CET 2009

If you want the details, read this paragraph:

I would like to have some kind of app that allows me to manage a list of contacts in a database like fashion (where I can add new table columns and add new data to people).  Yet, at the same time, I would like to integrate this with other things over time.  For example, I would like to integrate the database with a web based email system.  Instead of having one inbox, I'd have one inbox per contact in my database. In that way I can look at the contact and see only emails related to that contact.... or read several emails together as an ongoing conversation. Or setup a notification if someone never responds to the email, so I can try again.  And, of course, over time, I may want to add more features....

So, I figured I could use a Python web framework.  Then take a pre-built sql admin app and a pre-built web based email system and build from there.

Are there any "PostgreSQL admin" apps or "email apps" already made using Python or am I going to have to build a sql admin and a browser based email all from scratch :( ?

Is there some other way that I can build what I need (with the option to exptend it in Python as I need)?  like a CMS?

Would it help if I explained the concept in more detail or if I asked this in a different Python mailing list?