[Web-SIG] Announcing bobo

Aaron Watters arw1961 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 18 03:36:09 CEST 2009

--- On Wed, 6/17/09, Sergey Schetinin <maluke at gmail.com> wrote:

> When considering webapps and what urls they should handle
> it seems
> like the same should apply -- webapps define contained
> blocks of
> functionality and the task of placing them somewhere in
> URL-space
> belongs to the "caller" which in this case would be a
> configuration or
> serving script or, most often, a parent application.

So you seem to be suggesting that a web component
should not be aware of its URL in the same sense
that an object is not aware of
its variable name in the scope of the application
that is using the object.  Is that right?

In particular you should be able to assign a
component to any URL in the same sense that you
can give an object any name.  You should also
be able to build relocatable URL trees which can
be "mounted" anywhere in the "calling" application
suite.  Do I catch your meaning correctly?

It's not clear to
me whether Bobo allows or disallows this
(I think whiff, and standard cgi, for two examples,
support this sort of url handling).

   -- Aaron Watters
   http://aaron.oirt.rutgers.edu/myapp/docs/W1500.whyIsWhiffCool
===