[Web-SIG] Developer authentication spec

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon Jul 13 20:30:22 CEST 2009

I wrote up a spec a while ago:
http://wsgi.org/wsgi/Specifications/developer_auth
The goal is a single way to indicate to debugging and developer tools when
the developer is logged in.  This is orthogonal to normal application
authentication.  It would control access to things like interactive
debuggers, but could also be used to show information about template
rendering, profiling, etc.  My goal in making this a specification is to
encourage wider use of the technique in debugging tools (consumers), so they
can use a consistent means of protecting private information or tools
intended for developers.

Since I wrote the spec I've written up an implementation:
https://svn.openplans.org/svn/DevAuth/trunk

Last time I brought this up there wasn't any response, but I'm hoping
it'll... I dunno, make more sense or seem more interesting now.

--
Ian Bicking  |  http://blog.ianbicking.org  |
http://topplabs.org/civichacker