[Web-SIG] What is everyone using for URL dispatch?

Sergey Schetinin maluke at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 18:05:24 CEST 2009

Things that should cover every URL dispatching need:
 * WSGI
 * understanding of script_name / path_info semantics
 * paste.urlmap.URLMap
 * webob.Request.path_info / path_info_peek() / path_info_pop()
 * regulars ifs, splits and dictionary lookups

I also use pasteob.PathMap, PathMatch, HostMap, override_https.

Works fine for stuff that runs on GAE and elsewhere.

On 2009-07-13, Matthew Wilson <matt at tplus1.com> wrote:
> I'm working on a simple webapp I want to run both on GAE and locally.
>  I see GAE has its own URL-dispatching system.  I studied selector and
>  routes too.  Selector and routes both seem great, but there isn't a
>  whole lot of development activity going on there.
>
>  Is everyone just rolling their own?  Using the ones built into frameworks?
>
>  Just curious.
>
>  Matt
>
>  --
>
> Matthew Wilson