[Web-SIG] PEP 333 and gzipping of responses

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Tue Aug 11 07:22:22 CEST 2009

On Aug 10, 2009, at 10:11 PM, James Bennett wrote:
> Earlier today I posted an article on my blog following up on some
> discussions of WSGI

I find it a bit odd that you again claim WSGI doesn't support chunked
transfers after that was thoroughly explained here, already. And add
to that false claims about forbidding Content-Encoding, strange claims
about its character support being insufficient....I'm getting the
feeling that you don't actually understand HTTP.

HTTP really *is* hard, but WSGI didn't screw it up, you just seem to
misunderstand either what WSGI allows or else what is correct with
regards to HTTP.

I'd tend to agree with much of what you wrote in the last two sections
of your post, but the first section is just completely confused and
wrong.

James