[Web-SIG] Reverse Proxy & HTTPS

Paweł Stradomski pstradomski at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 18:32:18 CEST 2009

W liście Randy Syring z dnia poniedziałek, 6 kwietnia 2009:

> I would like my application to have control over the HTTPS<->HTTP
> redirects and would rather not force that logic into the forward facing
> web server if at all possible.  That just seems like an extra
> configuration step that wouldn't necessarily be needed if I could figure
> out how to pass SSL status from the forward facing web server to the
> backend proxy (i.e. CherryPy and my app).
>
> So, do you (or anyone else) know of a good way to to this?  Or, does
> everyone just assume that it is all or nothing for SSL when you are
> proxying to a backend?

Check with IIS manual, it should be possible to set some nonstandard header
when the connection goes through SSL, and then check this header in your
application. Maybe that header is already there - write a simple controller
that prints all the headers from the request and check how it looks with and
without SSL (but verify with the IIS manual anyway).

--
Paweł Stradomski