[Web-SIG] Python 3.0 and WSGI 1.0.

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 00:34:13 CEST 2009

2009/4/3 Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com>:
>> DOCUMENT_ROOT: '/Library/WebServer/Documents'
>> SCRIPT_FILENAME: '/Users/grahamd/Sites/echo.wsgi'
>>
>> These are file system paths, and since the Apache Runtime Library used
>> for Apache 2.X has a define for whether file system supports unicode,
>> can say:
>>
>>   #if APR_HAS_UNICODE_FS
>>         charset = "UTF-8";
>>   #else
>>         charset = "ISO-8859-1";
>>   #endif
>
> I'm not sure that works for arbitrary filesystem configurations:  some
> parts of the tree may be mounted from locations with different
> encodings.  See David Wheeler's analysis for more:
>
>  http://www.dwheeler.com/essays/fixing-unix-linux-filenames.html

Yes, am aware that it isn't that simple. I can make that the default
and like I have a configuration directive for case sensitivity in file
systems:

  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/ConfigurationDirectives#WSGICaseSensitivity

I can add one related to file system encoding. This would be similar
to how some other Apache modules allow overriding it. For example:

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxyftpdircharset

Graham