[Web-SIG] Revising environ['wsgi.input'].readline in the WSGI specification

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Mon Nov 17 22:29:18 CET 2008

Ian Bicking ha scritto:
> [...]
>> Fine for me, but of course we need to do this as:
>> 1) Errata to WSGI 1.0
>> or
>> 2) WSGI 1.1
>> or
>> 3) WSGI 2.0
>>
>> You can't just modify the current WSGI 1.0 spec.
>>
>> I'm for 2), with the other clarifications about WSGI we have discussed
>> in the past.
>
> I'm for 1.  What other clarifications were you thinking of?

Here is a list of messages I have posted in the past.

- start_response and error checking
   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/web-sig/2007-September/002771.html
- hop-by-hop headers handling
   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/web-sig/2007-October/002775.html
- HTTP_CONTENT_TYPE and HTTP_CONTENT_LENGTH
   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/web-sig/2007-December/003014.html
- a possible error in the WSGI spec
   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/web-sig/2007-December/003064.html
- calling start_response and the write from a separate thread
   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/web-sig/2007-December/003104.html
- WSGI and PEP 325
   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/web-sig/2008-May/003438.html

I'm rather sure there were other threads about clarifications of WSGI 1.0.

One of these was about if a WSGI gateway is allowed to skip the
generation of the request body (assuming the WSGI applications returns a
generator) if this is not required (the client cached copy of the
request entity is up to date and the server is going to return 304 Not
Modified)

Regards   Manlio Perillo