[Web-SIG] Time a for JSON parser in the standard library?

Alan Kennedy pywebsig at xhaus.com
Tue Mar 11 10:47:33 CET 2008

[Graham]
>  The problem areas were, different interpretations of what could be
>  supplied in an error response. Whether an integer, string or arbitrary
>  object could be supplied as the id attribute in a request. Finally,
>  some JavaScript clients would only work with a server side
>  implementation which provided introspection methods as they would
>  dynamically create a JavaScript proxy object based on a call of the
>  introspection methods.

These are JSON-RPC concerns, and nothing to do with JSON text de/serialization.

I do believe we're only discussing JSON<->python objects
transformation, in this thread at least.

>  Unfortunately the JSON 1.1 draft specification didn't necessarily make
>  things better.

There is no JSON 1.1 spec; but there is a JSON-RPC 1.1 spec.

http://json-rpc.org/wiki/specification

>  Thus my question is, what version of the JSON specification are you
>  intending to support.

The one specified in RFC 4627

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4627.txt

Regards,