[Web-SIG] Dealing with urllib, urllib2, and urlparse

Joe Gregorio joe at bitworking.org
Fri Feb 22 17:00:00 CET 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 4:16 AM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
>  * Have the code written and meeting PEP 7/8 standards.

Done.  Well, as far as I can tell, though the distribution
of the code might not conform as there it a lot of
code in __init_.py.

>  * Thorough unit tests using unittest or doctest.

Done.

http://httplib2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/httplib2test.py

Many unit tests done in unittest. They fall into
two categories, those that run locally and those
that run against a set of URIs on the web. Is there
a stdlib way of segregating those tests? All the
code for the resources is also checked into
subversion:

http://httplib2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/test/

>  * Full documentation ready to go in the proper format.

Done.

http://bitworking.org/projects/httplib2/ref/

>  * Promise to maintain the code for at least a couple of years and have
>  your contrib agreement in.

Agreed. And done.

>  * Use Python's issue tracker and svn repository as the main point of
>  development.

Agreed.

>  * Have the community consider it best-of-breed.

Generally out of my hands, but I can point out
that Ubuntu, Debian, Gentoo and FreeBSD all
currently include httplib2.

>  * Convince the stdlib-sig that it is a good addition and then python-dev.

Subscribed.

>  I think that's everything. =) If you have more questions you can email
>  the stdlib-sig and/or me.

   Thanks!

   -joe

--