[Web-SIG] Dealing with urllib, urllib2, and urlparse

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Wed Feb 20 23:48:19 CET 2008

Brett Cannon wrote:
> which I am liking. But I figured I would ask if there is any remote
> chance the this SIG has plans to either merge urllib and urllib2 or
> come up with a new module, or something before 3.0 comes out.

httplib2 is basically a replacement for urllib.  I personally prefer it
to urllib.  I don't know how other people feel, or Joe's thoughts (the
author).

Somewhat ironically httplib2 has a scope that is closer to urllib than
httplib.  It would be nice if this naming style (x and x2) didn't persist.

   Ian