[Web-SIG] new in trunk. please read

Massimo Di Pierro mdipierro at cs.depaul.edu
Sun Feb 10 09:03:20 CET 2008

There is a new version in code.google.com/p/web2py trunk.

For Niccolo:
I think I fixed the problem with uploading large files.
Could you please run some tests to confirm memory usage.

For voltron:
The pidfile is now deleted on exit.
Mind that in your pyamf hander you have to replace
request.body with request.body.read()
Now request.body is a temporary file to deal with large inputs.

For anybody using XMLRPC:
Do not use the example appliance. Use
def handler(): response.xmlrpc(request,methods)
where methods is the list of exposed methods. If not clear, ASK ME.

For my students:
you get points if you test this and report bugs/typos/correction/etc
(or just confirm that nothing breaks) by Monday.

The GUI now shows a graph of incoming requests.

Use web2py.py -h for help on how to use SSL/HTTPS.

Massimo