[Web-SIG] handling URLs with ending slash

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Sun Dec 14 11:23:37 CET 2008

Hi.

In my WSGI applications I always have an ending slash to the URLs.
This means that an URL without the ending slash will cause the
underlying resource to return 404 Not Found HTTP response.

What is the best method to handle this, using a regex based URL dispatcher?

I'm planning to add an option to my URL dispatcher to force any URL to
have an ending slash (as an example requesting an HTTP redirect - either
302 or 301, or by just internally modifying the URL), but I'm not sure
this is the best solution.

Thanks   Manlio Perillo